From Pirate Wiki
- 'I've Got Nothing to Hide' and Other Misunderstandings of Privacy by Daniel Solove - highly recommended overview of what privacy is (an excerpt is in this Chronicle article)
- Book Nothing to Hide: The False Tradeoff between Privacy and Security by Daniel Solove - the first chapter is available free here
- encrypteverything.ca - much practical advice
- Crypto.cat - temporary client-side encrypted multi-party chat
The prevailing view of privacy is one of a trade-off with security. This is a false dichotomy; rather, the trade-off is between liberty and control. In reality, security and privacy are difficult to separate, and are often even the same thing. Policies about privacy and security must be made together.
- The psychology of security by Bruce Schneier - two of the main points:
- Facebook CIA Network (Onion News spoof)