The Pirate Party has several associated groups you can join as well as / instead of the main Party. Your options include:
The Pirate Party of New Zealand (PPNZ)
- The political party proper. Joining PPNZ will help us reach 500 financial members and register to run in the 2014 election.
- Open to: New Zealand Citizens and Permanent Residents eligible to vote
- Joining PPNZ costs $10 (or $2)
- To join: see below
and/or: Young Pirates (YPNZ)
and/or: Local Chapters
- Local supporter networks in:
- Open to anyone and free to join
- To join: Add yourself to the mailing list
- See also: Parliament St Pirates (PSP) – a Club at Auckland University. Contact.
Send the form back
Pirate Party of New Zealand
PO Box 19342
Scan and Email
Note: Registration fee is expected to be paid within 30 days of the signing date of the application form.
There is a membership fee that covers the various costs that the party will incur. The standard membership fee is $10, but a $2 discounted membership fee is now available if $10 is too much for you.
The most common payment methods are shown below, but for more alternative payment options, please see the donate page.
- Payable to “The Pirate Party of New Zealand”
- Write your name and details on the back for reference.
- The Pirate Party of New Zealand
- Kiwi Bank
Make sure that you include your name in the reference. It would also be a good idea to include your phone number in the reference. This is so that your payment can be matched with your application. Any bank deposits without an identifying reference (name, phone number) will be assumed to be anonymous donations.
If you wish to make a donation too, that would be greatly appreciated. Please see the donate page for more info.
Confirmation of Membership
Once we’ve received the application form you’ll officially be a member of the Pirate Party of New Zealand!
After that, we will confirm your membership. This will result in an email sent to you containing a receipt, a welcome letter, and if you’re one of the first five hundred to register, then you will eventually receive a certificate acknowledging this.
Membership may be invalidated if the fee (either $10.00 or $2.00) is not received within 30 days of the signing date.