This election is complete. The new Policy Committee is:
Policy Committee members:
- zcat (Bruce Kingsbury)
- mathmo (David Peterson)
- james g (James Calder)
Policy Committee Chair:
Campaign Manager:Policy Committee Elections March 2012
What the Policy Committee is
- Nominations ran 5-10 March and are now closed
- Candidates announced: 10 March
- Discussion and voting: continues until midnight Sunday 18 March
- Results will be announced on 21 March (Wednesday)
The policy committee are basically "Pirate Party MPs", who aren't actually MPs. They are responsible for coming up with policy options (through a member-driven process), running election campaigns and dealing with the media, appointing a Pirate Party Leader, and monitoring what happens in parliament.
The current set-up of the policy committee is as follows:
More info on Policy Committee electionHow to Vote in the Policy Committee electionsDetailed instructions here
- 3 Members of the Policy Committee, including:
- A Committee Chair, and
- A Campaign Manager
Please note voting is open to Pirate Party members and also Young Pirates members.
In your vote, you will have 3 ranked lists for the 3 different positions:
- Policy Committee (3 seats) elected by STV
- Campaign Manager (1 seat) elected by IRV from within the Policy Committee
- Head of Policy (1 seat) elected by IRV from within the Policy Committee
In each list, you may rank zero, one, some, or all candidates.
To submit your vote:
- Make sure you have the following things ready: the email address you signed up with, an anonymous (temporary) email address you can send from, your vote, and a secret 6+ digit number of your choosing
- Email the Membership officer (trotzig - firstname.lastname@example.org) and let him know what anonymous email address you are using. (send this from the email address you signed up to PPNZ or YPNZ with)
- Email the Returning officer (inkybutton - email@example.com) your vote and secret number. (send this from your anonymous email address)
To keep your vote anonymous, keep your anonymous email address and secret number strictly to yourself. The number will identify your vote so you can verify that it was counted correctly.
For any help or clarification, don't hesitate to ask me at firstname.lastname@example.org
or ask in the IRC channel