FEB 11 SGM (link)
We will have an SGM on Feb 11, at 2pm, in #ppnz
- planning for O-Week
- material and tips
- appoint people in charge of specific campuses
- Graphics discussion
- logo developments
- media 'unit' plans - other design work coming up, who and when to help out on it
- Reconsider the membership term. (extend it to something closer to 3 years)
- Policy Committee
- Changes to scope of Policy Committee
- Set electoral term of Policy Committee, next election planned for 11-18 March
- Audit suggestion - should help new volunteers understand the current situation
- Local / Young Pirates meetings and elections to be held afterwards
More will be added to this over the next few dayssee this topic for more up-to-date info.OLD POST FROM DECEMBER 2011
This meeting will be held at 2pm on Saturday 10 December 2011.
This meeting will take place in #ppnz (link
I expect this meeting to take about 2 hours, and be finished by 5pm, allowing for a late start.
1) Elections for Secretary (required by the Constitution since the Acting Secretary was appointed)
2) A Status Update and explanation of Young Pirates NZ. (just starting 2 weeks before this SGM)
3) Discussion and Motions about the use of the title "Leader" of PPNZ and possible Elections for "Leader". (Currently the title "Co-Leader" is unofficial and refers to all members of the Policy Committee)
4) Depending on numbers, appoint people to organize local Chapters for Waikato and/or Wellington
5) Membership consultation about requirements for potential new Party Membership data management systems. - Do we need to go beyond what other NZ political parties do? if so how much?
6) Investigate changes to the Policy Committee structure and process
7) Adding Flattr to the website. (incl legal restrictions around large donations, anonymous donations, overseas donations)
Anyone may request another Item to add to the agenda in the comments.
I request that anyone planning to make a motion indicate in the comments by noon on the day.
I reserve the right to disallow motions otherwise, to prevent the meeting taking forever.